- In the given diagram, it is a stage of life cycle of silkworm. Study the given stage and answer the following questions.
- Identify the given stage.
- The given stage is larva.
- Label the parts B and C.
B = Thoracic True Legs
C = Spiracles
- Write an importance of this stage.
- It secretes a sticky fluid from the gland which comes in contacts to the air and turns into a long thread called silk.
- Name the stage comes after this stage.
- The name of stage that comes after this stage is pupa.
- Draw the diagram of larval stage of silkworm and label the parts thoracic true legs, spiracles, abdominal pseudo legs and dorsal horn.
- There are eggs in cells A, B and C of a beehive. In what conditions do egg A developed into a drone, egg B into a queen and egg C into a worker bee? Draw a conclusion.
Since there is no fertilization (7 chromosomes) in the egg of cell A, it is
haploid. The larva hatch from it and is fed royal jelly for the first
three days. After three days the larva is fed on a mixture of dilute nectar
and pollen. Then it is developed into pupa and then drone bee.
There is fertilization (32 chromosomes) in cell B so the egg of cell B is diploid. The larva hatch from it and is fed royal jelly for 5.5 days. Then it is developed into a pupa and then a queen bee.There is fertilization in cell C so the egg is diploid. The larva hatch from it and is fed royal jelly for three days, and after this, the larva is fed on a mixture of dilute nectar and pollen for three days. Then it is developed into pupa and then worker bee.