- Mention any two reasons of chemical pollution.
Any two reasons of chemical pollution are:
- Excess use of chemical fertilizer.
- Use of synthetic cleanser.
- Why does the river flowing nearby cities become polluted?
The river flowing nearby cities become polluted because of the following
- The organic and inorganic waste from the city market is dumped directly into the river.
- Throwing chemicals from factories into the river.
- Write any two causes of soil pollution.
Any two causes of soil pollution are:
- Acid rain.
- Improper disposal of industrial garbage.
- Write the two roles played by plants in controlling air pollution.
The two roles played by plants in controlling air pollution are:
- Plants take in the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere because of which the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere becomes balanced.
- Plants release oxygen during photosynthesis which prevents scarcity of oxygen in the atmosphere, provide fresh air to animals.
- How does air pollution inhibit biological growth of plants? Explain.
- When the atmosphere is polluted, the intensity of solar light decreases. When the intensity decreases, the stomata in the leaves do not open properly and the photosynthesis process is interrupted. In this way, plants cannot make food and its growth is hampered.
- Air pollution inhibits in biological growth of plants, as well as produces adverse effect on human health. Justify.
Air pollution inhibits in biological growth of plants, as well as produces
adverse effect on human health because of the following reasons:
More info: It increases amount of pollutants in environment which obstruct entry of carbon dioxide into green plants and hence it disturbs photosynthesis, it causes various diseases related to respiratory system, cancer, heart diseases, etc. Polluted air causes the problems like sleeplessness, laziness, etc.
- Increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere due to air pollution interrupts breathing in humans.
- As the number of pollutants in the atmosphere increases due to air pollution, there is a decrease in solar radiation due to which the stomata in the leaves of the plants cannot be opened and it will be difficult for plants to make food.
- Air pollution increases the acidity of the soil which hinders the growth of plants.
- It causes a variety of diseases in people, such as eye burns, bronchitis, cancer, etc.
- Identify any three ways for the management of domestic wastage.
Any three ways for the management of domestic wastage are listed below:
- Using 3R method, i.e. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
- Keeping the rotten garbage and garbage like cracked glasses, materials made by plastic in in separate dustbin and send it for recycle.
- Rotten garbage can be disposed under the ground and later it can be used as fertilizer.