1 Marks Question
- Write the name of two plants that reproduce by sporulation process of reproduction.
- The name of plants that reproduce by the sporulation process of reproduction is mushroom, fern, mould, etc.
- Planaria reproduces by the process of regeneration. What does it mean?
- Planaria reproduces by the process of regeneration means that its body divides into fragments and each fragment develops into the complete organism.
- Name any two animals which have external fertilization.
- Two animals which have external fertilization are fish and frog.
- Name any two animals that reproduce by asexual method.
- Any two animals that reproduce by the asexual method are hydra and amoeba.
- Write the types of asexual reproduction is in hydra and spirogyra.
Hydra = Budding
Spirogyra = Fragmentation
- Name one plant that reproduce through root.
Sweet potato reproduces through root.
More info: By root = Sweet potato, dahlia, asparagus, etc.
By steam = Zinger, colocasia (Pidalu), potato, onion, rose, sugarcane, garlic, etc.
By leaf = Bryophyllum, begonia, walking fern, etc.
- Write the name of each of the plants propagated through root, stem and leaf.
- The name of the plant propagated through root is sweet potato, steam is zinger and leaf is bryophyllum.
- What is vegetative propagation?
- Vegetative propagation is a method of asexual reproduction which occurs through vegetative parts like roots, stems and leaves.
- What is called for the process in which new plants are formed from spores? Write two benefits of vegetative propagation.
The process in which new plants are formed from spores is sporulation.Two benefits of vegetative propagation are:
- It is cheaper, faster and easier method of reproduction.
- Plants which do not have good quality seeds like banana, sugarcane, rose, etc. can be reproduced easily and earlier by this method.
- What is called the process in which an organism is divided into pieces and that piece again develops into a full organism?
- The process in which an organism is divided into pieces and that pieces again develop into a full organism is fragmentation.
- Write any two advantages of sexual reproduction.
Two advantages of sexual reproduction are:
- The offspring produced by this method are genetically different from each other or from the parent cell.
- The variation caused due to sexual reproduction helps in the organic evolution.
- Given an example of an organism that reproduces by multiple fission.
- An example of an organism that reproduces by multiple fission are Chlamydomonas, myocytes, etc.
- Where does the pollen grain formed in a flower?
- The pollen grain is formed in anther in a flower.
- What is hermaphrodite animal?
- The hermaphrodite animal is an animal which possesses both male and female reproductive organs during its life span.
- Write any two feature of asexual reproduction.
Two feature of asexual reproduction are:
- Only one individual parent involves in this process.
- The off-springs produced by this method are genetically identical.