1 Marks Question
- What is the part of plant called that is used for root in grafting?
- Stock is used for root in grafting.
- Write the name of upper part and lower part used in grafting.
Upper part = Scion
Lower part = Stock
- What is layering?
- A method of preparing a new plant by developing roots from the branches of a parent is layering.
- What is scion?
- The plant whose shoot system (upper part) is taken for grafting is called the scion.
- What is grafting?
- The modern technique in which a part of one plant is transplanted to another plant of a closely related variety or species is grafting.
- What is tissue culture?
- Tissue culture is a modern technique of reproduction in which a cell or tissue of a plant is grown in an artificial medium to regenerate a new plant.