- Write two importance of tissue culture.
Two importance of tissue culture are listed below:
- Numerous plants can be produced on an industrial scale by culturing meristem and shoot of a plant.
- Endangered plants can be preserved, it helps to produce mature plants quickly.
- How is plant grown using tissue culture?
- In this method, a cell or a part of the tissue is cultured in an artificial culture medium which consists of nitrogen and hormones like auxin, and cytokinin in a balanced condition. The fissure grows into an unorganized mass called callus. This callus is divided into many pieces and is kept in another culture medium where roots and shoots grow and plantlets are formed. The platelets are transformed into the soil for their independent growth. In this way, the plant is grown using tissue culture.