- How does artificial reproduction help in the excess production of fruits?
Artificial reproduction helps in the excess production of fruits by
- Using the tissue culture method, numerous plants can be produced on an industrial scale by culturing meristem and shoot of a plant.
- Endangered plants can be protected by their rapid multiplication.
- So many new plants can be produced by using layering, grafting method.
- How does plant reproduce by air layering method? Explain.
- In this method, a piece of branch is scrapped by removing a ring of the bark. Rooting hormone is placed at the cut parts. The cut part is covered with grafting clay and wrapped with a polythene sheet. After a month, roots appear. The rooted part is separated from the parent plant and is planted into the soil.
- How can we grow new lemon plant from simple layering process? Explain briefly with a diagram.
- Old branches of the lemon plants are bent and inserted inside the soil. After 2-3 months, the inserted parts develop roots. By the end of the rainy season, the rooted part is separated from the parent plant. In this way, we can grow new lemon plants from the simple layering process.
Study the given diagram and answer the following questions.
- Name the method of vegetative propagation.
- The method of vegetative propagation is air layering.
- Write a cause that vegetative propagation is applied commercially.
- A cause that vegetative propagation is applied commercially is many plants can be produced in a short time.
- Write two importance of this propagation.
Two importance of this propagation are:
- By this method good quality plants can be produced.
- Endangered plants can be protected.