2 Marks Question
- Write any two differences between saturated hydrocarbon and unsaturated hydrocarbon.
Differences between saturated hydrocarbon and unsaturated hydrocarbon is
shown below in table:
Saturated hydrocarbon Unsaturated hydrocarbon The hydrocarbon which have single covalent bond is called saturated hydrocarbon. The hydrocarbon which have double or triple covalent bond is called saturated hydrocarbon. It is less reactive. It is more reactive. General formula is CnH2n + 2. General formula are CnH2n or CnH2n - 2. For example: methane, propane etc. For example: ethyne, propene etc.
- Write the structural formula and one use of trihydric alcohol formed by displacement of hydrogen atoms of propane by hydroxides.
The structural formula of trihydric alcohol (glycerol) is:
It is used as a preservative for fruits and tobacco.
- Write down the name and two uses of given compound.
The name of given compound is glycerol.
Its uses are:
- It is used as sweetening agent in confectionary, beverages and medicines.
- It is used as a preservative for fruits and tobacco.
- It is used as a lubricant in watches.