1 Marks Question
- Define galaxy. On which galaxy our solar system falls?
A giant family consisting of millions of stars and anything between them is
called galaxy. Our solar system falls on the Milky Way galaxy.
More info: Examples of the galaxy: Milky Way, Large Magellanic Cloud, Small Magellanic Cloud, Andromeda Galaxy, etc.
- What is the meteors shower?
- The falling of numbers of meteors together is called the Meteor shower.
- Name the types of galaxy.
- On the basis of their shape, galaxies can be classified into irregular, spiral, and elliptical.
- What is a comet?
- The mass of frozen gases, ice and dust particles which revolve around the sun is called a comet. For example Halley's comet, Temple-Tuttle, Enke, etc.
- What is a light-year? What is the distance in one light-year?
- A light-year is a distance that light travels in one year. Its distance is 9.4607 × 1012km.
- What is a fireball?
- Big and brightly burning meteors in the atmosphere are called a fireball.
- Which planets do not have their satellites?
- Mercury and Venus have no satellites.
- What is meteorites?
- Meteorites is a piece of rock or metal that falls to the earth's surface from outer space.
- How many types of meteorites are there? Write their types.
- There are three types of meteorites. They are stony, iron and stony iron.
- What is a constellation? Write an example.
- A constellation is a group of some stars, which do not change their location relative to each other and are always from a fixed pattern. For example Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Orion, Leo, lion, etc.
- How many kilometers are there in 1 A.U.?
- There are 15 crore kilometers in 1 A.U.
- Write the name of two asteroids.
- The name of asteroids are: Juno, Vesta, Toro, Pallus, etc.
- What is a coma?
- As the comet gets closer to the Sun, some of the ice starts to melt and boil off, along with particles of dust. These particles and gases make a cloud around the nucleus, called a coma.
- Write the name of the largest satellite of Saturn and name the gas abundantly found in its atmosphere.
- Titan is the name of the largest satellite of Saturn. The gas abundantly found in its atmosphere is hydrogen and helium.
- Write the name of a comet which appears in an interval of 76 years from the earth.
- Halley's comet appears at an interval of 76 years from the earth.
- What is solar wind?
- The solar wind is a stream of charged particles released from the upper atmosphere of the Sun, called the corona.
- What is an asteroid?
- Small planet-like bodies that revolve around the sun in the form of a continuous belt between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter are called asteroids.
- What is the main source of heat and light energy of stars?
- The main source of heat and light energy of stars is nuclear reactions going on deep inside the stars.