1 Marks Question
- Write down the name of layer of atmosphere which expands in the region of 80 km to 720 km from the earth's surface.
- The thermosphere is the name of the layer of the atmosphere which expands in the region of 80 km to 720 km from the earth's surface.
- Which layer of atmosphere is responsible for the change in weather?
- Troposphere is responsible for the change in weather.
- Write any two effects appeared in the earth due to the increase of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere.
Any two effects appeared in the earth due to the increase of carbon dioxide
gas in the atmosphere are:
- It causes global warming.
- It pollutes the atmosphere, increases the greenhouse effect.
- What are the two conditions required to form mineral oil inside the earth crust?
- Two conditions required to form mineral oil inside the earth's crust are pressure and temperature.
- What is ozone?
- Ozone is a pale blue gas which is made of three oxygen atoms. Its molecular formula is O3.
- What is industrial smog?
- When the smoke and Sulphur dioxide released during burning coal merge with fog, it develops a haze of yellowish-brown color near the earth's surface which is industrial smog.
- Name three chemicals which are responsible for ozone layer depletion.
Three chemicals which are responsible for ozone layer depletion are:
- Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)
- Methyl bromide
- Methyl chloroform
- Write any two importance of mineral oil.
Any two importance of mineral oil are:
- It is used for running vehicles. It is also widely used for cooking.
- It is used to run the machines in different industries.
- Write any one effect of each which is seen in human health and temperature of earth due to depletion of ozone layer.
- Effect seen in human health = Ultraviolet ray of the sun may enter directly on the earth's surface, which may cause skin inflammation, different types of cancers, cataract, etc.
- Effect seen in temperature of earth = More UV rays and more radiation of the sun will come on the earth surface and it increases the temperature, ice melts soon and water level gets rise soon.
- What is greenhouse effect?
- The greenhouse effect is the process by which radiations from the sun are absorbed by the greenhouse gases and not reflected back into space.
- What is acid rain?
- Acid rain is the rain or any other form of precipitation that is highly acidic in nature. It is caused by emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide, which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acid. It corrodes monuments, buildings, temples, bridges, etc.
- Name two greenhouse gases.
- Two greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, methane.