1 Marks Question
- What is an alternative source of energy?
- The sources of energy which are developed to reduce the load on non-renewable sources of energy are called the alternative source of energy. for example wind energy, biomass energy, tidal energy etc.
- Write any two examples of bio-fuel.
- Any two examples of bio-fuel are gobar gas, fire cake.
- Write two examples of non-renewable source of energy.
- Two examples of non-renewable sources of energy are coal, and mineral oil.
- Write two examples of biomass.
- Two examples of biomass are straw, animal dung.
- Name the highest quality of coal.
- Anthracite is the highest quality of coal.
More info: Lignite is the lowest quality of coal.
- Give two examples of renewable source of energy.
- Examples of renewable sources of energy are solar energy, tidal energy, etc.
- What is geo-thermal energy?
- Geothermal energy is the energy that can be obtained from the heat present inside the earth.
- Define nuclear reaction that takes place in the Sun.
- When two or more light hydrogen atoms combine to form heavy helium atoms under high pressure and temperature, a large amount of energy is released in the form of heat and light. This process is called a nuclear reaction that takes place in the Sun.
- Define renewable source of energy.
- The sources of energy which are inexhaustible and can be replaced as they have been used up are called the renewable source of energy.
- What is energy crisis?
- The future scarcity of energy sources on the earth due to overpopulation, unmanaged urbanization and industrialization is called the energy crisis.
- What is the estimated temperature of the outer surface of sun?
- The estimated temperature of the outer surface of sun is 5700°C.
- Define fossil fuel.
- Fossils like coal and petroleum burnt to produce heat are fossils fuel. It is not environment friendly.
- What is non-renewable energy source?
- The sources of energy which are depleted or exhausted after a certain period of time if they are used continuously are called non-renewable energy source.
- What is hydropower?
- Hydropower power is the power derived from the energy of falling or fast-running water which is used to produce electricity.
- Write any two condition required in the sun for nuclear fusion reaction.
Any two condition required in the sun for nuclear fusion reaction are listed
- Presence of sufficient amount of hydrogen.
- High temperature to produce free hydrogen protons.
- Write the name of any two radioactive elements.
- The radioactive elements are uranium, radium.
- What amount of average solar energy does the earth surface receive per square meter?
- Average solar energy received by the earth surface per square meter is 1.4 KW/m2 per second.
- Write a major disadvantage of fossil fuel.
Major disadvantage of fossil fuel are listed below:
More info: It contribute to public health issues negatively, these compounds lead to many serious side effects, such as acid rain and respiratory damage in humans.
- Fossil fuels release carbon dioxide when they burn, which adds to the greenhouse effect and increases global warming.
- It is non-renewable source of energy and unsustainable, it pollutes the environment.
- Write any two natural phenomena from which geothermal energy can be obtained.
Any two natural phenomena from which geothermal energy can be obtained are:
- Volcanoes are one of the most common natural geothermal energy sources.
- Different geochemical reaction in the ocean water also creates geothermal energy.
- What is bio-fuel?
- The fuel obtained from waste materials of living organisms and dead parts of plants like cattle dung, wood, straw etc. is called bio-fuel.
- What is the source of solar energy?
- The main source of solar energy is the Sun.